Wisconsin sees COVID-19 hospitalizations rise, La Crosse records 76 new cases Monday
MADISON, Wis. (WKBT) — Wisconsin has more than 1,800 people hospitalized with COVID-19 as of 2 p.m. Monday, according to the Department of Health Services.
Nearly 1 in 4 of those Wisconsinites are in an intensive care unit. The state recorded an additional 96 hospitalizations Monday.
According to DHS, an additional six deaths were recorded Monday, bringing the new total to 3,313. DHS reported 2,534 new positive cases across the state.
That number, which brings the total statewide to 387,235, includes 76 new cases in La Crosse County.
La Crosse’s new cases include:
- Four people under age 9;
- Twelve people between ages 10-19;
- Thirteen people in their 20s;
- Ten people in their 30s;
- Seven people in their 40s;
- Eleven people in their 50s;
- Four people in their 60s;
- Eight people in their 70s;
- Six people in their 80s; and,
- One person in their 90s.
La Crosse has seen a total of 8,087 test-confirmed cases since March.