Wisconsin Election Commission approving grants to help local election officials
Wisconsin voters will vote again in August
MADISON, Wis. (WKBT) – The Wisconsin Election Commission is preparing for upcoming elections in the state.
The Commission has approved three motions at a meeting Thursday.
Grants will help election officials to purchase sanitation supplies and personal protective equipment for polling places.
“Most jurisdictions will spend about 60 percent allotment on un-budgeted postage costs. Leaving about 40 percent of their sub-grant for un-budgeted personnel, envelopes and other COVID related costs,” said Sharrie Hauge, Wisconsin Elections Commission Chief Administrative Officer.
Wisconsin voters will head to the polls for the next partisan primary in August.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY WKBT/News8000.com. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.