Two Wisconsin men injured in propane heater explosion north of Houston, MN
HOUSTON, Minn. (WKBT) — Two Wisconsin men were burnt in an apparent propane heater explosion in Minnesota Friday night.
According to a release from the Houston County Sheriff’s Office, 911 dispatch received the call coming from the Money Creek Haven Campground at 5:45 p.m.
38-year-old Kendal Schmidt of Loyal and 68-year-old Verlyn Randt of Marshfield tried to light a propane heater in an enclosed camper, authorities said. The resulting explosion burnt both men, who were transported to Gundersen in La Crosse for their injuries.
The incident is under investigation by the Minnesota State Fire Marshal Office.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY NEWS 8 NOW/NEWS 8000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.