Two dogs die in house fire on La Crosse’s north side

LA CROSSE (WKBT) — No people are injured after a house fire on Sunday evening on Loomis Street on La Crosse’s north side.

A release from the La Crosse Fire Department says that two dogs died in the fire, which started in the kitchen of the home.

Fire department investigators determined that the fire was started by electrical in the kitchen.

Crews arrived at 2218 Loomis St. shortly after 7 p.m. and were able to keep the fire contained to one room.

Occupants made it out of the home, which suffered moderate fire and heavy smoke damage by the time first responders arrived.

The release reports there were eight apparatuses from the LCFD on scene with 18 personnel.

The La Crosse Fire Department, Xcel Energy and Tri-State Ambulance also assisted on scene.

Red Cross also assisted the two displaced residents with housing.

Recent News Headlines from News 8 Now 

La Crosse electric vehicle owners educate community about EVs 

Warrens Cranberry Festival celebrates 49 years of tradition and fun 

Meet the finders of the 2022 Oktoberfest Medallion