Top 10 List of things our community will miss about David Letterman
LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) — David Letterman, one of late night’s longest running hosts, will say goodbye on “The Late Show” on Wednesday.
The “Late Show” airs on WKBT after News 8 at Ten.
We asked people in the La Crosse area in-person and on our WKBT News8000 Facebook page what they will miss about Letterman. Here’s their Top Ten List, in honor of the late-night comedian:
10. “As odd as it sounds, the pencil toss.” – Matt Kuhn
9. “Jack Hanna…loved those segments!!!” – Lisa Arnold-Paulson
8. “He’s a great interviewer. The music. I regret I never got a chance to see it live.” – Kyle Prentice
7. “I think his earlier shows when he would interview people you wouldn’t expect. Sometimes he’d be a little befuddled.” -Matt Alioto
6. “Reruns.” – Chuck Oedsma, WKBT News 8 chief photographer
5. “Definitely the gap in his teeth.” -Emily Lodoen
4. “His love of (and frequent guests!) The Foo Fighters! Love me some Foo and Dave Grohl!” – Lara Marcheske
3. “Biff Henderson, Rupert Jee, Alan Kalter, and all the other great side characters.” – Dan Speer
2. “His monologue at the beginning. His monologues were always really great.” – Kim Clemmerson; “His nightly monologue – he was an equal opportunity basher.” -Cheryl Hancock
1. “I think everyone is going to miss the Top 10 List.” -Tyler Ludeking