LA CROSSE, Wis - High Today: 66F / Low Tonight: 42F - Last updated Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 7:20 AM...
RIVER FLOOD WARNINGS remain in effect until further notice for the Mississippi River at Wabasha downstream through PdC/McGregor. The Mississippi crested at 15.54' in Wabasha... 17.30' in Winona... 14.55' in La Crosse... and 21.34' in the PdC/McGregor area. The river is back on the rise along the Mississippi and looks to reach a third crest this coming week. There is the potential for moderate to major flooding along the Mississippi. The Yellow River is also experiencing minor flooding.
We have some lingering clouds this morning as yesterday's rainmaker heads east. Those clouds will continue to clear this morning, so expect lots of sunshine this afternoon. Temperatures will be cooler, but more seasonable in the mid 60s.
Clear skies tonight, and overnight lows will be chilly. Low temps will fall into the upper 30s to low 40s.
High pressure will remain in control for Wednesday, but it will move a bit more east, shifting our winds out of the southwest. The combination of sunshine and a southerly flow will help temperatures warm into the low 70s by tomorrow afternoon.
Looking Ahead... A cold front will move in from the northwest on Thursday. We'll see more clouds and the chance of a few rain showers. Temperatures will be in the upper 60s.
Cooler air settles in for Friday. Skies will be sunny to partly sunny with highs in the low to mid 60s.
Our next rainmaker arrives for the start of the weekend. Expect on and off rain showers Saturday with breezy and cool conditions. The slight chance of rain will then linger into Sunday morning before clearing. Temperatures will be cool this weekend in the upper 50s to 60 degrees.
Have a terrific Tuesday! -Michelle Poedel
- Western Wisconsin residents suing a pair of hi-Crush facilities
- Four Fire Departments Respond to Fire Call in Holmen
- Winona woman taken to hospital after being struck by train
- Pier 1 to close up to 45 stores
- Pilot loses control of plane, crashes nose down at Reedsburg Airport, police say
- Burn ban goes into effect because of high risk for wildfires
- Authorities investigating cause of barn fire near Sparta
- Failed breaker in Genoa causes power outages in area
- Wisconsin woman pleads guilty to terrorism charges
- Westby to host anti-bullying, drug use and suicide presentation Thursday