ST. PAUL, MN - The UW-La Crosse softball team made their first trip to the Super Regionals on Friday. The Eagles played St. Thomas in the best-of-three series. The winner advances to the NCAA Division III Championships next week in Tyler, Texas.
St. Thomas won game one, 4-0. The Tommies also won game two, 5-0.
UWL ends the 2019 season with a 29-20 overall record.
"They are the best team in UWL history, so that is a lot to celebrate. We had a lot of adversity early in the year, we had some tough losses. And got beat pretty handily in those early games. For our seniors to lead the way and keep everyone together and head in the same direction is just quite a feat. And the run we went on here towards the end is something that may not be duplicated like that. To drop a couple losses early in a few tournaments and work our way back is something really special," UWL head coach Chris Helixon said.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- UW-La Crosse football falls short at Dickinson State
- UW-La Crosse volleyball extends winning streak to three
- UW-La Crosse soccer loses thriller in double overtime against Coe College
- News 8 Highlight Zone: Onalaska wins road clash at Sparta, Holmen and Logan get shutout wins
- News 8 Highlight Zone: Caledonia routs Chatfield, Winona, Spring Grove pick up wins