De Pere - De Pere — Packers training camp gets underway July 25th at St. Norbert College, but the special dorm room preparations have already started. Many of the rooms at McCormick Hall have bunk beds that include twin-sized mattresses.
Since those are too small for most NFL players, the school's moving in bigger beds to accommodate players like left tackle David Bakhtiari and tight end Jimmy Graham. Bakhtiari is listed at 6'4," 310 pounds, and Graham goes 6'7," 265.
Rookies move in this Sunday, while the veterans don't report until Tuesday.
"This started 62 years ago with the legendary coach Vince Lombardi, and he decided that St. Norbert College would be the home for Packer training camp," Director of Packers Camp Kelly Nass said. "It is the longest such relationship between a pro football team and a college in the NFL."
- Winona Winhawks senior class hopes to make football program history
- Spring Grove football eyes three-peat, look to Bergrud to replace dual-threat QB Alex Folz
- Prairie du Chien football hoping to exceed expectations after early exit from 2018 playoffs
- Wisconsin WR Quintez Cephus returns to practice
- Fowler drives in 4 runs in Cardinals 9-2 win over Brewers