The Loggers split a doubleheader with the Thunder Bay Border Cats on Wednesday.
La Crosse was shut out 7-0 in game one but responded early in game two. Cody Jefferis delivered a bases-clearing double as part of a five-run second inning to put the Loggers up 6-0.
Thunder Bay chipped away and trailed just 8-5 in the bottom of the ninth. The Border Cats brought the tying run to the plate with two outs, but reliever Jared Freilich was able to shut the door.
La Crosse plays one more at Thunder Bay on Thursday at 6:05 p.m.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Central offense shines in season opener win over Eau Claire North
- Bangor runs all over Melrose-Mindoro 56-0
- Jacob Lerum introduces new offense in first year at Eleva-Strum helm
- Independence-Gilmanton football introduces new coach as numbers dwindle
- Winona Winhawks senior class hopes to make football program history