MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - The Minnesota Timberwolves have bolstered their backcourt with Texas Tech's Jarrett Culver and Washington's Jaylen Nowell. They landed Culver after a proposed trade pushed them up five slots in the first round. A person with knowledge of the agreement tells The Associated Press the Wolves agreed to deal power forward Dario Saric and the No. 11 pick for the No. 6 selection from the Phoenix Suns, who officially drafted Culver. The Wolves took North Carolina small forward Cameron Johnson.
LAKE FOREST, Ill.
The Chicago Bears have signed sixth-round draft pick Duke Shelley to a four-year contract. The cornerback from Kansas State recorded 165 tackles and eight interceptions over four seasons for the Wildcats. He started the first seven games last year before suffering a season-ending toe injury. The Bears now have all five draft picks under contract.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Winona State blows past Minot State 49-3
- Lewandowski shines with 4 TD passes in 40-22 rout of UW-Stout
- Aquinas win, Onalaska loss gives Blugolds MVC volleyball title
- La Crescent-Hokah boys soccer hangs on against Pine Island in MSHSL section quarterfinal
- Winona Cotter shuts out Austin in MSHSL section quarterfinals