Packers rookie first-round pick Darnell Savage Jr. was cleared to practice Wednesday after sitting out the first week to recover from wisdom teeth removal surgery.
Savage Jr told reporters Wednesday he has been mentally preparing while sitting out and does not feel behind the other members of the secondary. When asked about the Packers training camp atmosphere, Savage Jr. said it's unlike anything he's experienced before.
"This is all new for me," he said. "Just even the first day of camp, to see everybody lined up on the way to the field. It's just crazy to me. Actually I haven't even been into Lambeau field yet. I'm kind of trying to save the moment."
Packers Family Night is set for Friday night.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Winona Winhawks senior class hopes to make football program history
- Spring Grove football eyes three-peat, look to Bergrud to replace dual-threat QB Alex Folz
- Prairie du Chien football hoping to exceed expectations after early exit from 2018 playoffs
- Wisconsin WR Quintez Cephus returns to practice
- Fowler drives in 4 runs in Cardinals 9-2 win over Brewers