Ryan Braun broke a 1-1 tie with a two-run blast in the third inning to help lift the Brewers to a 3-2 win over the Marlins on Thursday afternoon.
Gio Gonzalez went four innings and allowed two earned runs. The bullpen then pitched five innings without giving up a single hit, with Josh Hader securing his 31st save.
The Brewers have now won seven games in a row. They travel to St. Louis Friday night to face the Cardinals, who have a four game lead atop the NL Central.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- News 8 Highlight Zone: Onalaska wins road clash at Sparta, Holmen and Logan get shutout wins
- News 8 Highlight Zone: Caledonia routs Chatfield, Winona, Spring Grove pick up wins
- News 8 Highlight Zone: Aquinas improves to 4-1, Steffenberg gets 150th win at G-E-T
- Holmen, Onalaska each score in final minute to force draw
- MVC Volleyball: Aquinas beats Sparta, Onalaska wins grinder at Holmen