Shelby, La Crosse fire crews quickly put out fire in mobile home

TOWN OF SHELBY, Wis. (WKBT) – Shelby and La Crosse Fire crews quickly put out a fire inside a mobile home Friday afternoon.

According to the Shelby Fire Department, firefighters saw smoke coming from a window when they got to the scene at La Crosse Mobile Home Park.

They went inside the home and put out the fire within 12 minutes of being on the scene.

Everyone got out on time.

Crews rescued a dog and two kittens. First responders treated the animals at the scene.

Firefighters believe the cause of the fire was an unattended candle.