Prairie du Chien’s Joe Delagrave, USA Wheelchair Rugby win opening round game in 2020 Paralympics
Delagrave scored seven times as USA beat New Zealand 63-35.
TOKYO, Japan (WKBT) -The 2020 Paralympics are underway in Tokyo.
More than 4,000 athletes are competing in this year’s event.
Athletes will compete in mostly-empty stadiums due to COVID safety protocols.
Prairie du Chien’s Joe Delagrave and USA Wheelchair Rugby kicked off their quest for gold late Tuesday night.
USA beat New Zealand 63 to 35.
Delagrave scored seven times.
News 8 Now caught up with Delagrave before he left for the games.
You can find the story here.
Recent News Headlines from News 8 Now
- New Video of the first group of Afghan refugees arriving at Volk Field
- Back to School: School leaders weigh parent input and health expert advice on COVID-19 protocols
- Majority of hospitalized COVID-19 patients unvaccinated or immunocompromised, Mayo Clinic expert says
- Gov. Evers visits Fort McCoy for update on operations, shares webpage for helping refugees
- Amid bus driver shortage, West Salem driver enters 48th year
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY NEWS 8 NOW/NEWS 8000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.