Onalaska firm aims to double your money if you help a restaurant through COVID-19
ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) – DBS Group wants to put its money where your mouth is — so to speak — in an effort to encourage people to support area restaurants during Wisconsin’s COVID-19 Safer at Home order .
“We’re going to double your money when you order takeout from select local restaurants,” according to a news release from DBS Group, a design build general commercial contractor in Onalaska.
In the promotion, which launched Saturday, DBS Group will match takeout orders with a gift card of equal value at three specified area restaurants to double the value (up to $1,000 per restaurant; $500 for restaurants with more than one location) on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
DBS Group will select two restaurants each week and invite the public to pick a third.
“You can nominate any local restaurant where you want DBS Group to double the value of your purchase with a gift card that week by naming it in the comments on our Facebook page,” according to the news release.
Participants in the selection process, which closes on Tuesdays, will get one vote a week. The winning restaurants will be revealed on Wednesdays.
“We encourage you to tag the restaurant you nominate to generate more votes for it, but tagging is not required,” according to the release, which adds that the restaurant named most often in the comments will be the third restaurant.
Purchasers must order takeout or delivery directly from the restaurant and say they want the “DBS Group Double Takeout.” The restaurant will match the value of the purchase, before tax and gratuity, with a gift card of equal value.
The promotion is on a first-come, first served basis — once a restaurant has matched up to $1,000 in gift card purchases (or $500 for those with multiple locations) during its DBS Group Double Takeout days, the promotion at that restaurant ends.
Restaurant selection rules:
• Each restaurant must be located within a 30-mile radius of La Crosse.
• Some restaurants have multiple locations, so purchasers must pay specific attention to locations that qualify for the promotion.
• Each restaurant may win only one time during the promotion, and different restaurants will be featured each week.
• One vote per person per week.
• A new nominating process will begin each Sunday through April. Nominations will close on Tuesdays, and restaurants participating in each weekend’s DBS Group Double Takeout will be announced on Wednesdays. Selected restaurants’ purchases will be doubled each Thursday, Friday and Saturday, ending on May 2.
• Participants agree to allow DBS Group to use any content they contribute as part of the contest for promotional purposes.
• The promotion is a service of DBS Group; Facebook is not a sponsor.