LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The YWCA La Crosse Tribute to Outstanding Women celebrates Coulee Region women who have demonstrated qualities of remarkable leadership and excellence in their professional and personal endeavors, in alignment with the mission of YWCA La Crosse.
This years celebration will be held at the La Crosse Center, Thursday, November 8 with a social hour at 5 p.m., followed by dinner, award presentations, and honoree remarks at 6 p.m.
The YWCA La Crosse 2018 Tribute to Outstanding Women is sponsored by Mayo Clinic Health System.
The 2018 Outstanding Women Award recipients are Karen Maidana Dahl, Marilyn Hempstead, Miranda Panzer, Jessica Skemp, Theresa Smerud, and Terri Taylor Johnson.
The 2018 Young Women of Tomorrow Award recipients are Kemesha Harper (nominated by Western Technical College), Aurora Waite (nominated by La Crosse Logan High School), Linda Xiong (nominated by Cia Siab, Inc.), and Yining Shou (nominated by Onalaska High School).
Tickets to the event are available by calling 608-781-2783 or go to www.ywcalax.org.
- Attack on Saudi Arabian oil facility could increase U.S. gas prices
- UPDATE: One dead, three with life-threatening injuries in crash near Cashton
- Onalaska man wins big in the Wisconsin Lottery
- Police identify Onalaska man killed in stabbing near Milwaukee
- Proposed La Crosse capital improvement budget includes $28.5 million in new borrowing
- La Crosse PD K9 to retire early
- Lawyer: Ex-Wisconsin nurse to plead guilty to hurting babies
- Police: Victim of fatal stabbing near Milwaukee from Onalaska
- Grand Crossing Trail closed until Thursday
- Wisconsin man accused of making THC cartridges charged