ROSENDALE, Wis. (AP) - An explosion and fire at a cheese plant in Fond du Lac County sent one person to the hospital.
The sheriff's office says Travis Klotzbach was using a cutting torch at Knaus Cheese when the explosion happened just after 7 a.m. Friday.
Klotzbach was taken to a hospital in Neenah with burns and broken bones, where he was reported in stable condition.
The fire was contained to the auto shop portion of the cheese plant, and fire officials said the damage was not extensive.
- Update: One fatality reported following I-90 crash
- More students seek help for sexual assault last semester
- Defense wins championships, or at least the NFC title
- News 8 Highlight Zone - January 19, 2018
- Burglary suspect arrested day after posting bond
- Two arrested after police chase
- Altra donates $75,000 to proposed Trane All Abilities Park
- Flu hospitalizations up at La Crosse hospitals
- Winona emergency crews respond to fire quickly after seeing smoke from garage
- Gundersen sexual abuse counseling program helps people from across state