BARABOO, Wis. (AP) - Authorities say a woman has died in a fall while climbing a bluff at Devil's Lake State Park.
The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources says 22-year-old Savannah Buik, of Chicago, died Wednesday in a "rope climbing incident" on the east bluff.
DNR Lt. Mike Green said Thursday he could not say how far the woman fell or the circumstances surrounding the incident because it's still under investigation.
The Baraboo Fire Department assisted the DNR in responding to the emergency.
- 90-year-old La Crosse woman prepares special gift for family
- Winona man sentenced in 3-year-old daughter's death
- Pence in Wisconsin for fundraiser, tax forum
- AG wants every school to get some safety grant dollars
- School District of La Crosse adds new leadership
- Complaint: Beloit mother charged with child neglect had been reported to CPS 40 times before
- Area kids get ‘Fired Up for Science'
- 7 Rivers Alliance to host Workforce Summit to help local employers attract more workers
- Winona man heading to prison for child neglect that resulted in death
- DNR approves pulling Lake Michigan water for Foxconn plant