State utility regulators removed climate change language from their website months before environmental officials altered global warming language on their own site.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported Friday that the Public Service Commission eliminated a web page about global warming sometime after May 1 of last year.
The Department of Natural Resources removed language from its website last month that stated human activity is causing climate change.
Republicans control both agencies.
The PSC's global warming page described ways to decrease greenhouse gas emissions and linked to Gov. Jim Doyle's global warming task force report.
The DNR has removed that report from its site.
A PSC spokeswoman Elise Nelson says the page was recommended for removal in 2014 along with 98 other pages as part of a long-term website cleanup.
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill
- Prairie du Chien's Matt Antoine comes up short in pursuit of Olympic medal
- Local school districts discuss security measures following Florida mass shooting
- Backpacks donated to local police departments in memory of young murder victim
- Health experts point to lack of residential treatment access for drug addicts
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 16, 2018
- Community efforts continue to restore Myrick duck house
- ‘Alcohol czar' bill vote canceled