WEST ALLIS, Wis. (WKBT) - The Wisconsin State Fair has pulled a ride similar to the one that malfunctioned at the Ohio State Fair.
In an official statement, the Wisconsin State Fair said the Freak Out ride, similar to the Fire Ball, will not be a part of their SpinCity Amusement Ride and Game area.
Out of respect for the families affected by the tragedy, as well as the pending investigation of the accident, the Wisconsin State Fair Park Chairman of the Board, John Yingling, along with Kathleen O'Leary, Wisconsin State Fair Park CEO, made the decision to not have the Freak Out at the fair this year, the release said.
According to the release, the Wisconsin State Fair holds itself to the highest standards, and the safety of their guests is their number one priority. They will continue their ride inspection process, which includes inspecting all rides multiple times prior to and during the fair.
Their staff will work in partnership with independent ride inspection professionals as well as the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services to inspect each ride and attraction, the release said.
- 90-year-old La Crosse woman prepares special gift for family
- Winona man sentenced in 3-year-old daughter's death
- Pence in Wisconsin for fundraiser, tax forum
- AG wants every school to get some safety grant dollars
- School District of La Crosse adds new leadership
- Complaint: Beloit mother charged with child neglect had been reported to CPS 40 times before
- Area kids get ‘Fired Up for Science'
- 7 Rivers Alliance to host Workforce Summit to help local employers attract more workers
- Winona man heading to prison for child neglect that resulted in death
- DNR approves pulling Lake Michigan water for Foxconn plant