West Allis, Wis. (WKBT) - The Wisconsin State Fair reached a new milestone in August 2019.
Over a million people attended this year's fair. This is the seventh year in a row that attendance has been record-high. "Achieving this record number puts us in the top five in terms of attendance," said the chief executive officer of Wisconsin State Fair Park."
The Chairman of the Wisconsin State Fair Park said the achievement is about more than numbers. "The fact that more than one million people again chose to spend their time at the Wisconsin State Fair is a testament to the quality of the event and the memorable experiences that our visitors have each year," the Chairman said.
The fair is estimated to have generated around $200 million dollars for the Milwaukee region's economy.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- 678 drivers cited during first week of hands-free law in Minnesota
- Wisconsin hemp bill changed to appease law enforcement
- Repairs to begin on La Crosse Street near Losey Blvd.
- Area nonprofits receive "Swipe Out Hunger" donations
- 2 arrested on drug charges in Black River Falls
- DNR board to consider rule closing grouse season early
- Man dies following weekend boating accident on Mississippi River
- UPDATE: Pilot dies in Vernon County aircraft crash
- Court: Man properly convicted of making Facebook threats
- Authorities: 3 people put body in river to hide drug death