The law, which was effective Sunday, affects log haulers and transporters of salt or abrasives for winter maintenance.The frozen road declaration applies to all numbered state and federal highways, but does not apply to Interstate highways.
The law will allow heavier loads for trucks carrying peeled or unpeeled forest products, salt and sand for winter maintenance until about early March.Special permits for hauling increased weights are not required but vehicles must be legally licensed at 80,000 pounds to handle the increased weights.
- Update: One fatality reported following I-90 crash
- More students seek help for sexual assault last semester
- Skiers remember a fallen friend while hitting the slopes
- Right to Life group holds peaceful protest outside Gundersen Medical Center
- Big 9 Dance conference championships held in Winona
- News 8 Sports Round Up-January 20, 2018
- Wis. GOP watching political climate ahead of primaries
- Defense wins championships, or at least the NFC title
- News 8 Highlight Zone - January 19, 2018
- Burglary suspect arrested day after posting bond