LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Alorica, Inc., formerly Expert Global Solutions (EGS) and APAC Customer Service in La Crosse, plans to lay off 137 people.
In a letter to the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development, the company says the layoffs will take effect on May 26th, 2017 and are expected to be permanent.
The company said the layoffs are the result of a strategic business decision.
Alorica's location in La Crosse is a customer service call center.
The company released the following statement to News 8:
"While decisions to consolidate are never easy, we are transferring these 137 positions in La Crosse to our other U.S.-based offices where employees serve the same client. By bringing more people together who work for the same client, team members will benefit from greater engagement with each other during training and share best practices more frequently."
- La Crescent Police Department adds body cams
- Registered Sex Offender wanted by police
- Walker unveils $20M technology job training initiative
- Wisconsin budget forecast improves by $138 million
- Bethany Lutheran Homes continues partnership with Inclusa
- UW-La Crosse receives record donation
- La Crosse County still waiting on flooding financial aid
- ‘Taste of Onalaska' to raise money for Onalaska schools
- Wisconsin education plan wins approval over objections
- MNsure boasts 116K signups in record year