CAMP DOUGLAS, Wis. (WKBT) - A state employee died Monday at Volk Field near Camp Douglas, Wisconsin.
Few details are being released, but in a statement the Wisconsin Department of Military Affairs says, "the Wisconsin Department of Military Affairs is deeply saddened to announce that one of our state employees died while performing their duties at Volk Field today. DMA is working with local and state officials to review the details of the accident and release of the individual's identity is pending notification of next of kin. While no words can soothe the pain of their loss, we pledge to the family the full support of the Wisconsin DMA family during the difficult days and weeks ahead."
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Gas lines struck during utility work in La Crosse
- Losey McDonald's grand re-opening
- Retirement party held for outgoing La Crosse chief of police
- Cancellations of river paddleboats in La Crosse impacts local economy
- Police: Man intending to visit Taylor Swift's home arrested
- Police ID 2 men found dead in Davenport pool
- La Crosse Concert Band makes donation to Bandshell Consortium
- Preserving more than 14,000 acres of forest land approved
- Businesses favored GOP with cash in first half of 2019
- Name released in Jackson Co. fatal crash