MILWAUKEE (AP) - Wisconsin farmers produced smaller corn and soybean crops last year than in 2016, while potato production was up slightly.
The Agriculture Department reports that the state's soybean production was down 6 percent and grain corn production was down 11 percent. Alfalfa hay production was down 19 percent.
Potato production was up 5 percent, corn for silage production was up slightly and other hay production was up 24 percent.
- Weather related closings/delays for Monday, February 19
- Genzie's Gameday Pub hosts 2nd annual soup cook-off for the troops
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Robotics teams from all over the region meet for a preseason scrimmage
- Doctors emphasize the benefits of exercising at target heart rate
- Fire fully engulfs barn with cattle inside
- WIAA boys basketball playoff brackets released
- Lazzaris adds international flair to state meet
- Central-Logan boys skiers highlight day 2 of Ski & Snowboard Championships
- La Crosse officials help foster parents make scrap books