MILWAUKEE (AP) - Police say an officer shot and wounded an armed suspect and inadvertently struck another officer at the scene with gunfire.
The shooting happened Thursday evening when police responded to a call and found a 48-year-old man armed with knives. Police say the officer fired his gun, striking the suspect in the leg and hitting the other officer in the foot.
The wounded suspect was taken to a hospital. Police say his injuries aren't life threatening. The 25-year-old injured officer was also treated at the hospital
Officials say the officer who fired his weapon is 21 and has less than a year of experience on the force.
- Spring primary ballot will include school referendum in West Salem
- Schools & Weather related cancellations for Tuesday, Feb. 20
- Walker pushes health care plan ahead of state Senate vote
- Volunteers aim to keep seniors sharp with virtual reality
- New US Senate budget agreement to provide relief to dairy farmers
- Holmen sends big number to state wrestling
- Wis. Supreme Court primary today
- Wisconsin republican lawmaker proposes guns in private schools
- Wisconsin elections officials plan for bad weather
- Onalaska city leaders call on Joint Municipal Court judge to resign