LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Winter Rec-Fest Medallion was found Friday by William Baxter of Onalaska, just two days after hunt began. The medallion was found near the "Confluence" mural at The Pump House Regional Arts Center.
An introduction of William and presentation of the $500 check will take place at 6 p.m. before the Winter Rec-Fest Figure Skating Exhibition at Green Island Ice Arena.
The following are all of the Medallion Clues for 2018:
Winter Rec-Fest 2018 is set to begin
With lots of activities for the athletic and wise.
First up is the annual medallion hunt.
Find the flake and claim a really nice prize.
Rules to be seen. Please don't break the law.
There are plenty of places to park.
You are just astray if you search by homes
And avoid any private yard in the daytime or dark.
Like many public places, there is a front and a back,
But in this case, I'd focus on a side location.
European warriors add a historical slant.
Plus, there's a glimpse of an educational vocation.
This can read like a Treasure Island plot
Except the financial reward is not gold.
But there's success in relating to the name, Pierre,
With the reference to see in warmth and cold.
Don't bother with the bluff!
Stay away from the far south or north this year.
When hunting alone or in a group,
You can take a break and sip a beer.
An Elton John song with a touch of blues
And a definition of one first to settle.
A place described as something other than old.
Plus circles on top of something metal.
You should see something round and red,
A distinctive square and layers there to park it.
You'll find three digits that add up to eleven.
And a child's learning trip to the market.
A place to lay down your sleepy head,
But don't be surprised if your eyes are fooled.
Places nearby to wine and dine
And lots of water very cooled.
You should be hunting near royalty
And faces can guide your way.
If you're lost, ask any guy for help.
Near a river, but it's not really in play.
Lots of art in this vicinity
And around the corner from a lady named, Mary Ott.
This is clue 10 and probably not needed,
But a House and it's rocks marks the spot.
- Body found in camping trailer fire debris in La Crosse County
- False report of school shooter prompts heavy police response
- Jackson County holds School Safety Summit, creates collaboration
- Fitzgerald: Senate may revisit exemptions for sand plant
- Analysis: Foxconn plant could add $51B to Wisconsin economy
- Fitzgerald: Assembly background checks bill dead
- Nature lovers to weigh in on public land fee, group hunts
- La Crosse man arrested after high speed chase
- La Crosse leaders consider what safety funding means for area schools
- Couleecap completes Cashton development project for affordable housing