LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Winter Farmers Markets will be held at the Myrick Park Center Sundays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., November through December.
The markets are presented by Mayo Clinic Health System in partnership with WisCorps and the La Crosse Farmers Market Association and are scheduled for Nov 4th, 11th and 18th and Dec 2nd, 9th and 16th.
The Winter Markets will continue to offer a wide variety of local goods from winter vegetables, greens grown in local hoop houses, fruit, baked goods, meats, canned goods, artisan crafts, and much more.
All goods are produced or grown within 100 miles of La Crosse and the Winter Markets will accept EBT/FoodShare. Customers using FoodShare cards or debit cards may purchase market tokens to be
used to buy market goods. The program increases access to local fresh food and also supports the
success of market vendors.
Each Winter Market will feature a local musicians from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., with a full schedule of events posted on the Cameron Park Farmers Market Facebook page.
“The winter farmers market is a great place for people to access healthy, local foods during the winter
months” says Cindy Shireman, Community Engagement for Mayo Clinic Health System.
"We’re proud to offer Winter Market dates in order to continue building on the connections the farmers
and customers have made throughout the outdoor season,” said Market Manager, Linda Vale.
- Affordable Care Act open enrollment period ends Sunday
- One person killed, three others injured in crash near Eau Claire
- Nationwide ceremony honors fallen veterans
- Volunteers put together holiday fruit baskets for annual fundraiser
- Financial professional has 4 tips to avoid holiday debt
- Viterbo University students, families gather to celebrate commencement
- Toys for Tots wraps up another successful holiday season
- Viterbo falters late against UW-Stout
- Local Lions Club is spreading holiday cheer, one gift basket at a time
- 30th Anniversary of La Crosse Dance Centre's "The Nutcracker"