WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - Winona State has some big ideas for its future and it's asking the surrounding community to get involved in those plans.
The university is in the very early stages of planning upgrades for its athletic facilities and event center.
They're hoping to enhance and increase seating at the outdoor stadium while developing a large events center that could also be used for non-university functions. That's why they're hoping to work with the City and County of Winona to get their input on what they'd like to see with the potential project.
"To have a facility, not only that benefits the university but benefits the region, to bring in opportunities that right now can only go to Rochester or La Crosse, I think is going to be a great opportunity," said WSU's Vice President of University Advancement Ron Dempsey.
The proposed multi-step project is still several years from becoming a reality.
Right now, the university is raising money for the stadium renovations.
- Winona State football program cleans up city
- Local residents clean up downtown for Earth Day
- Local educators recognized for achievements
- La Crosse-based credit union to purchase 10 new branches
- City of La Crosse announces Brush Collection Week
- La Crosse County Highway weight restrictions to be lifted
- La Crosse County Health Department warns of potential measles exposure
- Dream job: Harley-Davidson interns get a free motorcycle
- Four injured in Vernon County crash
- New research on Alzheimer's disease could lead to earlier diagnosis