WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - Winona State has some big ideas for its future and it's asking the surrounding community to get involved in those plans.
The university is in the very early stages of planning upgrades for its athletic facilities and event center.
They're hoping to enhance and increase seating at the outdoor stadium while developing a large events center that could also be used for non-university functions. That's why they're hoping to work with the City and County of Winona to get their input on what they'd like to see with the potential project.
"To have a facility, not only that benefits the university but benefits the region, to bring in opportunities that right now can only go to Rochester or La Crosse, I think is going to be a great opportunity," said WSU's Vice President of University Advancement Ron Dempsey.
The proposed multi-step project is still several years from becoming a reality.
Right now, the university is raising money for the stadium renovations.
- January 22: Weather related Closings & Delays
- Study finds women now outnumber men in the medical field
- New Shingles vaccine is proving to be more effective
- Girl Scouts prepare for cookie season
- National Alliance on Mental Illness will hold sessions to educate public on mental illness
- Championship game close call for Vikings fans
- News 8 Sports Round Up-January 20, 2018
- Big 9 Dance conference championships held in Winona
- Right to Life group holds peaceful protest outside Gundersen Medical Center
- Skiers remember a fallen friend while hitting the slopes