WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - Winona State has some big ideas for its future and it's asking the surrounding community to get involved in those plans.
The university is in the very early stages of planning upgrades for its athletic facilities and event center.
They're hoping to enhance and increase seating at the outdoor stadium while developing a large events center that could also be used for non-university functions. That's why they're hoping to work with the City and County of Winona to get their input on what they'd like to see with the potential project.
"To have a facility, not only that benefits the university but benefits the region, to bring in opportunities that right now can only go to Rochester or La Crosse, I think is going to be a great opportunity," said WSU's Vice President of University Advancement Ron Dempsey.
The proposed multi-step project is still several years from becoming a reality.
Right now, the university is raising money for the stadium renovations.
- Officials believe body of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts found
- UPDATE: Search for wanted men in Trempealeau Co.
- Changes coming for acceptable plastics in La Crosse's recycling
- Shot fired in domestic incident on La Crosse's north side
- UPDATE: Torso, leg found in Mississippi River believed to be connected to other remains
- La Crosse man charged with 1st degree child sexual assault
- The Latest: Searchers find body in Wisconsin floodwaters
- Dane County declares state of emergency after record-breaking rainfall, flooding
- Interim principal named at Logan Middle School
- La Crosse housing market seeing improvements across the board