WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - After issues with mail theft and the suspension of the former Winona Postmaster, Sherri Jo Genkinger, a new leader was officially sworn-in on Friday, July 12.
Dale Zintman has been the Postmaster in Winona since June. He has administrative responsibility for 50 employees, 2 Stations, 17 city routes and 8 rural routes.
Excellent mail service and customer satisfaction are high priorities for Zintman.
"I think it's very important to let the public know what happened in the past is gone and new people are in charge. I do not plan on leaving this facility, so there's going to be stability here. A face that people can trust, and come in and talk to me about issues," said Zintman.
Zintman began his Postal Service career as a Distribution Clerk in Alma, Wisconsin in 1998.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Power restored to most Xcel Energy customers after widespread outages
- Medical students, first responders practice reacting to disaster in rural areas
- Audience gets out of this world experience with Viroqua astronaut
- Downed trees damage Galesville campground during storm
- Kids help kids enjoy community pool with concert
- Multiple generations of veterans reunite in Onalaska
- Richland Center man to be charged in connection with Viroqua theft
- Dozens of log rollers compete in La Crosse Open
- Habitat ReStore's new location opens for business in Winona
- Demolition begins for Great River Residence Project