WINONA, Min. (WKBT) - Winona police found two dead early Monday after a 911 call from a man on Chatfield Street, a press release said.
Police identified them as 43-year-old Dano Ray Radawitz and 34-year-old Jaida Marie Hoffman.
Police say it's too early to know what led to the struggle or if drugs or alcohol were factors.
A man called 911 at 3:23 a.m. July 24 and said that there was a struggle between himself and his girlfriend over a handgun and that the gun went off and the woman was struck in the head, police said.
Police responded to 209 Chatfield Street and attempted to contact the man. The officers heard what they believe was a gunshot and backed away, the release said.
When police could not contact anyone in the residence, they entered the home and found a woman deceased from an apparent gunshot and a man also deceased from a single gunshot, according to police.
No one else was inside the home and police say there is no danger to the community.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- BRF hoops star picks UW-La Crosse
- News 8 Sports Round Up - April 20, 2018
- Harter's Quick Cleanup hosting shred event for La Crosse area residents, businesses
- 'Sparks!' program helps young children prepare for school
- Apothik's return helps usher in food truck season in downtown La Crosse