WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - Members of the local community came together Saturday to learn about living a healthier life. Winona Health hosted the Way to Wellness Expo at Winona High School Saturday morning.
People who attended learned about yoga, healthy eating and setting health goals. The event also featured a blood drive, food drive and prescription drug drop box.
Organizers said the event was about more than just physical wellness.
"We're covering all different types of health and food and nutrition. We've got mental wellness, we've got family wellness. We try to cover as many of the different aspects of wellness as we can at this event, which is one of the things that makes it so great," Winona Health development and event coordinator Emily Hoff said.
The event was free to attend and open to the public.
- Local dads hope to end stigma surrounding drug addiction
- Gov. Walker tours Northern Hills Elementary School to discuss school safety
- Rep. Lee Nerison announces retirement, not seeking re-election
- La Crosse alternate side parking citations up for 2017-2018
- Sparta boy injured in accidental shooting
- One dead in Buffalo County weekend rollover
- Rep. Kind fights for veterans safety and assistance programs
- Assembly committee to hold hearing on school safety bills
- Trojans return to Class A state tournament
- UW-L hires new offensive coordinator