WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - Winona County is looking for a full-time County Emergency Management Coordinator.
The Winona County Board unanimously voted in favor of hiring a full-time management coordinator earlier this week.
The county had a part-time coordinator in the past, but decided part-time hours were not enough to cover the needs of the position.
County leaders hope to begin accepting applications soon and say it could take a couple months to find the right person.
"In the event of an emergency, we need this position. We need to be doing training. We wanted to make sure that we weren't dropping the ball at the county board level, and make sure that this position was filled," said County Commissioner Steve Jacob.
The coordinator will be responsible for organizing and communicating with all levels of emergency management in Winona county.
They will also be in charge of training coordination.
- Study finds women now outnumber men in the medical field
- New Shingles vaccine is proving to be more effective
- Girl Scouts prepare for cookie season
- National Alliance on Mental Illness will hold sessions to educate public on mental illness
- Update: One fatality reported following I-90 crash
- More students seek help for sexual assault last semester
- Skiers remember a fallen friend while hitting the slopes
- Right to Life group holds peaceful protest outside Gundersen Medical Center
- Big 9 Dance conference championships held in Winona
- Championship game close call for Vikings fans