LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The 5th annual Wingfest took place in Copeland Park on Saturday.
The Coulee Region's best chicken wing makers competed for the title of 'best wing'.
A $17 V.I.P. ticket got festers the chance to sample each competitor's wings and then vote for the Wingfest winner.
The event coordinator, Ben Kapanke, said that over 12,000 wings would be served at the brand-new Logger Wing Tent.
"They're all doing different -- a different sauce, a different spin on things -- so you're going to get a lot of variety at all these different restaurants. So, it's pretty cool to see what they're bringing to the table today and how it gets received," said Kapanke.
The event also included live music from the group "Slow No Wake" and sporting events shown on a 17-by-30 inch video board.
- La Crosse home invasion suspect wanted
- Making lefse to save local church
- Grand Opening of West Salem Middle School
- Hidden Trails Corn Maze opens with significant Olympic theme
- Fire Prevention Week Open House offers a closer look at firefighting
- Dance Marathon helps local children with health problems
- Winona Water Day provides environmental education
- Juneteenth Citywide Celebration continues into September during second phase
- Shut Down Third Street block party celebrates Winona
- News 8 Highlight Zone - September 21, 2018