During the last two weeks in August with torrential rains and high winds, WI DNR wardens were performing water search and rescues and clearing fallen trees from roads and campsites.
Watch the unedited footage from Warden Ed McCann above and below, showing the conditions that he and Warden Shawna Stringham faced while performing rescues in rapidly flooding homes in Vernon County on August 27. For more background on the video, read the Warden Wire story here.
- Groundbreaking begins for La Crosse affordable housing units
- La Crosse police remind parade goers of city ordinance
- La Crosse authorities say missing man now person of interest in home invasion
- Presenting sponsor announced for Maple Leaf parade
- School District of Onalaska scheduled two referendum listening sessions
- Report: Some overcharged due to troubled licensing system
- College democrats, republicans try to turn around low voter turnout
- Railroad leaders educate Winona officials during National Railroad Safety Week
- Turned Leaf Family Festival returns to La Crosse
- Funding road repairs brings discussion in La Crosse