WHITEHALL, Wis. (WKBT) - The Whitehall School District entered into their emergency protocol this morning following suspicious activity off school grounds.
School administrators received a report from local authorities that a high school student had allegedly made a threat outside of school that involved a firearm. The school was immediately put on a level four lockdown. Police located the student who made the threat and took him into custody without incident.
No weapon was found following a search of the school and school grounds. The lockdown was lifted at 11:15 a.m.
A message was sent to parents.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Breast Cancer study closes enrollment...
Temporary lane closure on Losey Blvd....
- 678 drivers cited during first week of hands-free law in Minnesota
- Wisconsin hemp bill changed to appease law enforcement
- Repairs to begin on La Crosse Street near Losey Blvd.
- Area nonprofits receive "Swipe Out Hunger" donations
- 2 arrested on drug charges in Black River Falls
- DNR board to consider rule closing grouse season early
- Man dies following weekend boating accident on Mississippi River
- UPDATE: Pilot dies in Vernon County aircraft crash
- Breast Cancer study closes enrollment after more than 500 enroll
- Temporary lane closure on Losey Blvd. on La Crosse's southside