LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Western Technical College welcomes Dr. Kathleen (Kat) Linaker as the college's vice president of academics.
Linaker comes to Western from Mohawk Valley Community College (MVCC) in Utica, NY, where she is the assistant vice president of academics and dean for the School of STEM, Health, and Natural Sciences. She will begin her new role with Western on Aug. 27.
“We had a pool of great candidates from which to choose,” said Western President Roger Stanford. “Kat brings a vast amount of teaching experience along with 18 years of administrative experience. Her prior work as a leader and mentor in career pathways as well her connection to the Achieve the Dream network will help Western improve student learning outcomes."
While at MVCC, Linaker worked extensively with specialized and regional accreditors, developed a team that increased outreach to K-12 and employer partners, and worked to implement the nationwide initiative initiative toward Guided Pathways®, which is resulting in increased recruitment, retention, and student success measures.
“I’m excited to be joining an institution that is deeply committed to student success and that plays such an important role in western Wisconsin,” said Linaker. “My family and I are thrilled to be returning to the Midwest and are looking forward to becoming active members of the community.”
- Turnout in Wisconsin primary highest since 2002
- Trane reaches agreement with union workers in La Crosse
- Gov. Walker kicks off re-election campaign in Onalaska
- Broadcasters invite governor, Senate candidates to debates
- Democrats' hope to beat Walker is former teacher
- Little-known official ends ex-Gov. Pawlenty's comeback bid
- Ashley for the Arts donates more than half-million dollars
- Parents who can't afford school supplies get help
- Parade of Homes starts Friday
- Young boulevard trees need to be watered