WEST SALEM, Wis. (WKBT) - A West Salem bakery is hoping you will help it be named the 'Sweetest Bakery in America.'
Linda's Bakery is competing for the national title to show how great products and services can come from outside of large cities.
Dawn Foods Products, a bakery manufacturer and ingredients supplier, will name the grand prize, second and third place winners in September, along with the winners of each state.
The grand prize and each state winner will get help promoting their bakeries from the national organization.
Marc Anderson, owner of Linda's Bakery, says, "You know, they've got a few prizes for it, but I think probably the biggest thing is just the community pride that we can say that, 'We did that here in West Salem, in the La Crosse area.' Not a large population, but just the fact that we could pull off something like that, I think, shows off a lot about our customers."
You can cast your vote for your favorite bakery at SweetestBakeryinAmerica.com or in person at Linda's Bakery.
- Health officials warn of possible measles exposure in Winona, Albert Lea
- La Crosse health officials point to vaccinations amid local measles threat
- Missing 16-year-old spotted in Monroe, possibly heading to Portage, police say
- Wisconsin grapples with allowing bitcoin campaign donations
- Death Cafe hopes to normalize conversations surrounding death
- La Crosse woman indicted with five others in federal court for drug conspiracy
- La Crosse Longfellow Middle School students advance in 'Wisconsin YES!' contest
- Court: PR firm not entitled to free accident data
- News 8 Sports Round Up - April 23, 2018
- La Crosse's Jackson Plaza reaches capacity as local business joins shopping center