ONALASKA, Wis (WKBT) - Onalaska Middle School was put on shelter in place Friday afternoon as authorities investigated a report of a weapon in a locker.
According to Fran Finco, Superintendent of the School District of Onalaska, authorities located a weapon and identified it as a pellet gun.
The Onalaska Police Department seized the gun and took the student into custody. The parents of the student were contacted and officials have determined the student acted alone.
School resumed once officials found there was no threat and students were released at normal time this afternoon.
Finco said the District is committed to keeping parents, staff, students, and the community informed.
- 90-year-old La Crosse woman prepares special gift for family
- Winona man sentenced in 3-year-old daughter's death
- Pence in Wisconsin for fundraiser, tax forum
- AG wants every school to get some safety grant dollars
- School District of La Crosse adds new leadership
- Complaint: Beloit mother charged with child neglect had been reported to CPS 40 times before
- Area kids get ‘Fired Up for Science'
- 7 Rivers Alliance to host Workforce Summit to help local employers attract more workers
- Winona man heading to prison for child neglect that resulted in death
- DNR approves pulling Lake Michigan water for Foxconn plant