LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The beginning of the 2018 election season may be a month-and-a-half away, but voter advocates are urging you to get registered now.
The League of Women Voters of La Crosse says registration is easier with the online registration option. The Wisconsin Election Commission began the online registration last January.
Today, the League taught community members how to navigate Wisconsin's online registration website.
"I think some will get an idea of whether or not they're going to be capable of doing this thing and helping others. And then from there we'll send our experts out to train others in how to help,” said League of Women Voters of La Crosse Director of Voter Services Peter Nelson.
You can register online at MyVote.WI.gov.
The League of Women Voters will have voter registration help available at the La Crosse Library's main branch.
Wisconsin's 2018 Spring Primaries are February 20, with the Spring Election on April 3. The state's Fall General Election takes place on November 6.
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill
- Prairie du Chien's Matt Antoine comes up short in pursuit of Olympic medal
- Local school districts discuss security measures following Florida mass shooting
- Backpacks donated to local police departments in memory of young murder victim
- Health experts point to lack of residential treatment access for drug addicts
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 16, 2018
- Community efforts continue to restore Myrick duck house
- ‘Alcohol czar' bill vote canceled