LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A neighborhood revitalization effort in La Crosse is looking for more volunteers.
ReNEW provides free home rehabilitation and repair work for homeowners in the city of La Crosse.
This year, work is being done on homes in the Lower Northside Depot and Logan Neighborhoods.
Organizers say volunteers do not need special skills, just a desire to help the community.
"We're looking for individuals who would be willing to help with things like landscaping, weeding, planting, small painting projects, small repair projects, but they're outside work and it's a basic way to transform homes in a very short period of time," said Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area executive director Kahya Fox.
More volunteers are needed.
For more information, head to ReNewLaCrosse.org.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Law signed by President Trump could extend benefits to more Vietnam War veterans
- Minnesota offers grants to replace diesel equipment, vehicles with green alternatives
- Cyclist raising awareness, funds to help decrease mass shootings
- Sen. Tammy Baldwin supports funding for Mississippi River locks and dams
- Major League Fishing REDCREST Tournament kicks-off
- Health tips from experts about Fall allergies
- Breast Cancer study closes enrollment after more than 500 enroll
- Temporary lane closure on Losey Blvd. on La Crosse's southside
- Area nonprofits receive "Swipe Out Hunger" donations
- 678 drivers cited during first week of hands-free law in Minnesota