ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - It may be time to upgrade your smoke alarms and an event in our area can help with that. Volunteers from the American Red Cross and firefighters from the Onalaska and Holmen Fire departments will be around tomorrow from 9 a.m. through noon to sign people up who need smoke alarms.
They will also help install those alarms and get people a fire escape plan. If you can't make it to one of these organization's offices you can enter your information online at getasmokealarm.org.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Army Reserve soldiers have special holiday meal before deployment
- No one injured in Saturday night fire on La Crosse's south side
- Gov. Walz orders flags at half-staff in honor of 3 Minnesota National Guard soldiers
- A special volunteer is ringing bells for The Salvation Army
- Student-run store hosts grand opening
- La Crosse Skyrockers hold firework demonstration
- People dressed in ugly sweaters for annual fun run
- UWL students host dance for senior citizens
- Xcel Energy French Island plant taking more garbage to convert to power
- Local high school robotics teams get together for a day of learning and fun