LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Viterbo University hosted its annual 101 show choir competition Saturday. The university's first competition of 2018, and it is a chance for high school and middle school groups to compete.
Nineteen groups came from all over the Midwest to participate in the competition, including local schools West Salem and Sparta high schools and Onalaska, Logan and La Crosse Lincoln middle schools.
Organizers of the event said it is a great opportunity for choir groups to kick off the new year.
"It's a long day but it's fun there's a lot of energy. The students are all excited to be here. This is actually the first competition of the year so the students are really excited to sort of get the show on it's feet, and have a choice to perform for the first time," said Jen Roberdeau, Marketing Director of the Viterbo Fine Arts Center.
This was the 14th year Viterbo hosted the competition.
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Fire fully engulfs barn with cattle inside
- La Crosse-area community members share stories of climate change
- Local Lupus Alliance to host 'Murder at the Disco' in March
- Centerville Curling Club teaches the public about the sport of curling
- Viterbo hosts Engineering Exploration Day to showcase new engineering program
- Project Linus makes blankets for kids in need
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill