TOMAH, Wis. (WKBT) - An event showcasing Wisconsin wines is coming to Tomah with help from the Wisconsin Department of Tourism grant.
Vino Fest is a three-day event taking place Labor Day weekend, August 31-September 2, 2018 in Winnebago Park along Lake Tomah.
A $28,650 Joint Effort Marketing (JEM) grant from the Wisconsin Department of Tourism will go toward promoting the event through radio, television, print and online advertising, according to a press release.
“We’re thrilled to support events that promote wineries in Wisconsin’s Driftless Region,” said Tourism Secretary Stephanie Klett. “Culinary tourism is a top travel motivator, and events like Vino Fest are an excellent way to attract new visitors and showcase everything the area has to offer, all while creating a positive economic impact.”
The event will include local wine and food pairings, a Mimosa Warm Up yoga class, the Corks N' Creations art show and more. Visitors can participate in a city-wide fun walk, shopping opportunities, a fashion show and fireworks over Lake Tomah.
Learn more about Vino Fest here.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- BRF hoops star picks UW-La Crosse
- News 8 Sports Round Up - April 20, 2018
- Harter's Quick Cleanup hosting shred event for La Crosse area residents, businesses
- 'Sparks!' program helps young children prepare for school
- Apothik's return helps usher in food truck season in downtown La Crosse