LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Those stuck in the hospital are receiving a little extra love this Valentine's Day.
Both health workers and patients at Gundersen Health System received Valentine's Cards Tuesday from La Crosse area students. More than 2,400 cards were delivered, each made by La Crosse elementary students and UW-La Crosse Lion's Club members.
"It's very rewarding when you walk into a patient's room and you see the smile on their face when you hand them a Valentine's Day card. That's what makes it all worthwhile,” said UW-La Crosse Lion’s Club Secretary Katie Aleff.
The UWL Lion's Club began handing out Valentine's Day cards to patients and staff last year.
- Update: One fatality reported following I-90 crash
- More students seek help for sexual assault last semester
- Skiers remember a fallen friend while hitting the slopes
- Right to Life group holds peaceful protest outside Gundersen Medical Center
- Big 9 Dance conference championships held in Winona
- News 8 Sports Round Up-January 20, 2018
- Wis. GOP watching political climate ahead of primaries
- Defense wins championships, or at least the NFC title
- News 8 Highlight Zone - January 19, 2018
- Burglary suspect arrested day after posting bond