UTICA, Minn. (AP) - The Winona County Sheriff's Office says a 13-year-old boy was killed in a utility vehicle rollover crash near Utica.
KTTC-TV reports that the accident was reported at 6:43 p.m. Wednesday south of Utica. Chief Deputy Jeff Mueller says the 13-year-old had been driving the 2015 Polaris Ranger UTV and had an 11-year-old boy as a passenger.
Mueller says the UTV hit a patch of glare ice and then a snowdrift, which pulled them into the ditch. The UTV then rolled over, pinning the driver. He was found dead at the scene. His name has not been released.
The 11-year-old boy was transported to a hospital with what are believed to be non-life threatening injuries.
Information from: KTTC-TV, http://www.kttc.com
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill
- Prairie du Chien's Matt Antoine comes up short in pursuit of Olympic medal
- Local school districts discuss security measures following Florida mass shooting
- Backpacks donated to local police departments in memory of young murder victim
- Health experts point to lack of residential treatment access for drug addicts
- Centerville Curling Club teaches the public about the sport of curling
- Viterbo hosts Engineering Exploration Day to showcase new engineering program
- Project Linus makes blankets for kids in need