UPDATE: The suspect involved in the fatal car crash in Trempealeau County on News Year's Day appeared in Trempealeau County Court Friday.
Josue Cruz Escobar was charged with 10 crimes including two counts felony operating while intoxicated causing death, and two counts felony operating while intoxicated causing great bodily harm.
The Trempealeau County Sheriff’s Department said Escobar, 30, of Arcadia, was traveling southbound on State Road 93 by near Knutson Valley Road when his vehicle crossed the center line and struck another vehicle traveling north bound. Escobar's vehicle then collided with another vehicle traveling north bound.
The two people in the southbound vehicle, Lizbeth Gonzales, 19, of Independence, and Leslie Flores, 18 of Independence, were pronounced dead at the scene while the driver and another passenger, Jonathan Ochoa were flown to to Mayo-Rochester in critical condition.
The driver of the first vehicle, Eric Davidson, was transported with minor injuries.
Cash bond is set at $500,000.00.
The Sheriff’s Department is currently investigating the incident.
- Wisconsin Assembly to pass tax credit, prison funding
- Carfentanyl makes its way to La Crosse, leading to more doses of Narcan
- La Crosse man charged with assault, woman hid in gas station
- Xcel Energy named one of World's Most Admired Companies
- Vino Fest features Wisconsin wines with help from tourism grant
- Teen arrested for bringing loaded gun to Madison school
- Shelters open amid Midwest flooding as rivers keep rising
- Public meeting held on Hwy. 35 reconstruction plan
- Local students hold candlelight vigil for Florida school shooting victims
- Car goes through ice on Lake Onalaska, owner rescued