La Crosse authorities have released the names of those involved in the head-on accident Tuesday afternoon in the Town of Holland.
La Crosse County Sheriff's Office was called to a head-on collision on County Highway V, in the Town of Holland around 3:30 p.m. on August 8.
A Jeep Liberty, traveling north on County Highway V, appears to have crossed the center line and struck a southbound Ford Focus.
Melissa Ann Woten, 28, of Trempealeau, the passenger in the front seat of the Ford Focus, was pronounced dead at the scene. David J. Hatch, 26, the driver of the car and a 6-year-old passenger in the back seat, were both injured in the crash.
The driver of the Jeep Liberty, John C. Rinartz, 46, was also injured in the crash and taken to an area hospital.
The Wisconsin State Patrol is assisting the La Crosse County Sheriff's Office in reconstructing the accident as it remains under investigation.
- Officials say Holmen apartment complex fire began inside car
- La Crosse-based company to provide 2018 Super Bowl hotdogs
- January 15: Cancellations and Delays
- La Crosse firefighters respond to trailer home fire
- Holmen addresses ongoing needs of residents displaced by fire
- Ignition interlocks will soon have cameras in Iowa
- Candidate for Wisconsin state Supreme Court visited La Crosse during MLK day
- Highway 16 lane closure begins Tuesday for storm sewer repairs
- Prairie du Chien's Antoine named to '18 U.S. Olympic Skeleton Team
- Highway 16 temporary lane closure to begin soon