COON VALLEY, Wis. (WKBT) - Two people were injured Wednesday night in a shooting incident at 705 Central Avenue in Coon Valley.
Police and medical personnel responded to a 911 call at approximately 8:45 p.m. Wednesday, December 19.
A male and female, both in their twenties, were injured as a result of a gunshot. Both individuals were taken to an area hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. One was treated and released. The other remains hospitalized in stable condition, police said.
According to Vernon County Sheriff John Spears, there is no indication of any criminal conduct or malicious intent.
The incident remains under investigation by the Coon Valley Police Department and the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
Assisting at the scene were the Coon Valley First Responders, the Vernon County Sheriff's Office, the Coon Valley Police Department, and Tri-State Ambulance Service.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Winona woman taken to hospital after being struck by train
- Authorities investigating cause of barn fire near Sparta
- Failed breaker in Genoa causes power outages in area
- Winona non-profit gives back to homeless in community
- Man injured after ATV rolls, lands on him in Vernon County
- Western Technical College celebrates new class of graduates
- St. Paul's Lutheran Church observes Easter Eve with Guarding of the Tomb
- Local registered nurse donates bone marrow and saves Texas child's life
- New interim director named for the La Crosse Regional Airport
- UPDATE: Police report confirms student had gun on school property