ETTRICK, Wis. (WKBT) - Two people are taken to the hospital after being burned by a propane flash at Ettrick Elementary School.
It happened just after 10:30 Monday morning.
The Trempealeau County Sheriff's Department says a propane system outside of the school was being assessed as part of scheduled maintenance.
An unknown leak led to a 'flashover,' burning two people, one of whom had to be flown to the hospital by helicopter.
Students were not evacuated.
The incident is still under investigation.
- La Crosse leaders consider what safety funding means for area schools
- Couleecap completes Cashton development project for affordable housing
- Body found in camping trailer fire debris in La Crosse County
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area celebrates 44th home
- Youth Risk Behavior Survey shows positive, negative changes in Wisconsin high schoolers
- False report of school shooter prompts heavy police response
- Onalaska will soon begin looking for new Fire and Police chiefs
- Missing Iowa family on vacation in Mexico found dead
- Packers bring back veteran cornerback Tramon Williams
- La Crosse man arrested after high speed chase